NATIONAL SPECIAL AWARDS
Junior & Senior Divisions
• Exemplary Construction – for outstanding construction techniques (donors vary)
• Machine Embroidery – overall best use of machine embroidery (donors vary)
• Mohair Award – top garments using mohair fabric or yarn. (Mohair Council of America and others)
• Handwork Award - top garments using hand embroidery, beading, or hand felting techniques (donors vary)
• Needlework Award - top hand-knitted or crocheted garments (Mountain Meadow Wool, Brown Sheep Company and others)
(NEW in 2022) Claire Shaeffer Award - top Jr and Sr garment using a "Claire Shaeffer" Vogue jacket or dress pattern (Claire Shaeffer).
Depending on donations received, winners receive cash awards and/or merchandise prizes for each category.
Typically, they are as follows:
• Construction: Junior and Senior construction winner receives $75 cash award, tailoring book, and piece of wool fabric
• Machine Embroidery: top winner receives $125 cash award, 2nd place receives machine embroidery thread (this year the cash award was divided between 1st and 2nd place)
• Mohair: 1st place receives $500, 2nd place receives $250, and 3rd place receives $125
• Handwork: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place each receive merchandise prizes
• Needlework: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place each receive merchandise prizes
• Claire Shaeffer Award - Top Junior and Senior award winners each receive a $250 cash award